Top Sponsors for your 1031 Exchange
We have done the research on performance, experience and track-record for each of the 1031 Exchange Sponsors which can help you decide on the Sponsor that you need to complete your 1031 Exchange
Capital Square 1031
A sponsor institutional-quality real estate exchange programs that qualify for tax deferral under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code
Approx $710 Million Assets under Management
Capital Square ranked 485th on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies
2nd fastest growing company in the Richmond, Virginia
Leadership team cumulatively has more than 200 years of experience
- Capital Square 1031 is a national real estate investment and management company. The firm sponsors institutional-quality real estate exchange programs that qualify for tax deferral under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- As of July 26, 2018, the firm oversees a growing national portfolio of 70 real estate assets valued at approximately $760 million (based on investment cost).
- Capital Square’s executive team has collectively completed 110+ Section 1031 exchange and other private placement programs totaling more than $4 billion in securitized exchange offerings.
- Capital Square provides a range of services, including due diligence, acquisition, loan sourcing, property management/asset management, and disposition, for a growing number of high net worth investors, private equity firms, family offices and institutional investors.
Our platform features 1031-exchangeable DST portfolios of long-term, net-leased properties backed by investment grade corporations
Invested across over 460 properties, Diversified across 33 states
$1.5+ Billion of assets under management, 12+ Million square feet under management
Focus on investment-grade, necessity-based retail and Class B/B+ value-added multifamily
- We target corporate tenants that successfully operate in the necessity retail and health care industries to provide investors with stable and predictable income.
- Our multifamily offerings feature strong cash flow, high debt coverage ratios, conservative underwriting, long-term fixed-rate financing, and the potential to enhance return with value-added strategies.
- Over 150 years of combined work experience key management team
- We believe that investors deserve an investment strategy that provides them with stable cash flow, capital preservation, and value-added return potential in the face of uncertain economic and financial conditions. .
Grubb & Ellis (Newmark Grubb Knight Frank)
A commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm dating from 1958, with a New York City presence since 1985.
At the time of the acquisition, Grubb & Ellis had a New York regional staff of 1,000, including debt and equity experts; financial analysts; and appraisers.
Much of Grubb & Ellis regional work had come from outside the city, including in Westchester County and Connecticut; and the firm for a long while struggled to gain a significant workload in prime Manhattan, even filing for bankruptcy protection in February 2012.
- Grubb & Ellis was a commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm dating from 1958, with a New York City presence since 1985. It was acquired in April 2012 by BGC Partners, a wing of Cantor Fitzgerald, and was folded into a one-time rival.
- They worked out of five offices, including the regional headquarters at 125 Park Avenue; and the firm managed more than 36 million square feet of commercial space in the New York City area. The has been integrated with the old Newmark Knight Frank, the commercial brokerage and advisory firm acquired by Cantor Fitzgerald in 2011.
- Cantor Fitzgerald was able to acquire its assets through the bankruptcy filing for the relative bargain price of $51 million.
- The new firm is called Newmark Grubb Knight Frank. Cantor Fitzgerald C.E.O. Howard Lutnick has said the firm will roll out by the end of 2012 property derivatives pegged to rents in individual buildings so landlords and tenants can hedge against unexpected market volatility.
Starboard Realty Advisors
We pride ourselves in providing retail and multi-family properties that qualify for 1031 Exchange, facilitating deferral of capital gains taxes.
Experience of serving more than 5,000 investors
Whether you’re an investor, lender, seller or tenant, we can help connect you to the right people.
Over 90 years of combined experience in the commercial real estate and investment industries.
- Starboard Realty Advisors, LLC is a team of commercial real estate experts. As a privately held and fully integrated real estate firm, we have more than 35 years of hands-on experience.
- We work with sellers, lenders, investors and brokers to acquire, maintain and sell retail properties and multifamily properties.
- We buy portfolio’s of single tenant NNN lease properties for 1031 exchangers
- We buy Class B+/A stabilized properties in secondary markets offering stable cash flow for long term hold
- We buy value add properties of 50-200 units that can be repositioned and completed within 3-4 years. Our preferred size is 150 to 250 units
Madison Realty Companies LLC
We are a full service real estate investment management company that currently operates 22 senior housing properties
Acquired and managed over $6 billion of U.S. real estate in over 30 states.
We value our local, national and international relationships that have been developed in the company’s 20 plus years of doing business.
Collectively, our management team has over 150 years of real estate experience.
- For over 25 years, Madison and its affiliates have purchased, managed, and disposed of over $1 billion in commercial real estate including: assisted living, senior apartments, and skilled nursing.
- We value management personnel who have lived through real estate cycles and have been successful in good and challenging times. We value management experiences in being able to spot opportunities and to react quickly to those opportunities.
- The Sponsor’s primary focus is acquiring cash flowing assets with value-add upside for clients.
- Majority of the properties we buy allow us to increase value through rehabilitation, expansion, or changing the rental mix.
Inland Private Capital Corporation (IPC)
A sponsor of alternative public and private real estate securities, and provides opportunities for individuals to invest in real estate programs.
Formed in 1968, Served more than 490,000 Investors
IPC has sponsored 226 private placement programs
Offering more than $4.1 billion in equity
Leadership team cumulatively has more than 100 years of industry experience
- Inland Private Capital Corporation (IPC) is the industry leader in securitized 1031 exchange transactions. IPC has sponsored 226 private placement programs since inception
- Through June 30, 2018, IPC-sponsored private placements have been made up of 604 properties comprised of more than 41.9 million square feet of gross leasable area, and including 15,343 residential units.
- $6.9B Assets Under Management (AUM), 7.82% Weighted Average Annualized Rate of Return on Full-Cycle Programs*
- 604 Properties Acquired, 91 Completed Dispositions, More than $1.3 Billion in Full-Cycle Asset Dispositions, $4.1 Billion in Equity Offered
- Since inception, Inland entities, employees, spouses, directors and affiliated employees have invested more than $42 million in IPC-sponsored offerings, reflecting Inland’s alignment with its investors.
Hamilton Point Investments LLC
A real estate private-equity investment company that owns and manages multifamily apartment properties
Completed over 70 real estate investments totaling 15,000 apartment units and $1.1 billion of value
Currently owns and operates nearly 5,000 apartment units.
Founded in 2010, has over 180 employees and is headquartered in Old Lyme, CT
- Hamilton Point Investments LLC (“HPI”) is a real estate private-equity investment company that owns and manages multifamily apartment properties.
- Professional and timely investor reporting, Strong returns from prudently underwritten investments
- The Company has a highly experienced team of seasoned professionals specialized in asset management, property management,
accounting, reporting, acquisitions and financing.
- The properties owned by HPI and affiliated entities are managed by wholly-owned Hamilton Point Property Management LLC (“HPPM”). HPPM is responsible for cost-effective, efficient and institutional-quality property-level staffing, leasing, maintenance, contracting, marketing and reporting.
Four Springs Capital Trust
A real estate firm that provides customized tax deferred exchange solutions for real estate investors
Manages 56 properties in 25 states with 1.79 million sq ft space with 100% occupancy.
Turnkey Solution for Property Sourcing, Due Diligence, Financing and Management.
Tailored Loan-to-Value with Structured Financing
- Internally managed real estate investment trust focused on acquiring, owning and actively managing a portfolio of single-tenant, income producing industrial, medical, office, and necessity retail properties throughout the United States that are subject to long-term net leases
- Our senior management team has extensive net lease real estate and public and private REIT management experience
- We generally target properties with purchase prices ranging from $5 million to $25 million, as we believe there is less competition from larger institutional investors that typically target larger properties and portfolios
- As of July, 2018 our properties were 100% leased to 29 tenants operating in 21 different industries, with approximately 54% of our annualized base rent, or ABR, from leases with tenants or lease guarantors that have an investment grade credit rating from a major rating agency or have an obligation that has been so rated
Bluerock Value Exchange
A national sponsor of syndicated 1031 Exchange offerings with a focus on Class A assets
Structured 1031 Exchanges on over $750 million in total property value and nearly 6.0 million sq ft of property
Partnerships with some of the largest, leading apartment operators with more than 200,000 apartment units
Comprehensive investor communication and reporting
- Bluerock Value Exchange employs an investment strategy that includes three primary selection criteria: property type, market, and partner. We believe investing in high quality multifamily assets in growth markets across the nation will meet investment objectives of capital preservation, income, and growth
- Potential Benefits include : Targeted attractive current distribution rates, Passive ownership & Efficient and Timely Tax reporting
- With capacity across nearly all real estate sectors and the ability to customize transactions for individual investors, Bluerock Value Exchange is available to create programs to accommodate a wide range of tax requirements
- A national sponsor of syndicated 1031 Exchange offerings with a focus on Class A assets that seek to deliver stable cash flows and potential for value creation
Core Pacific Advisors, LLC
An investment advisory firm with expertise in commercial real estate and real estate-related investments
CPA targets investment properties that are strategically located in stable and recovering markets with strong commitments to infrastructure
By acquiring investments at prices below intrinsic value, CPA can create an immediate margin of safety for investors while positioning them for higher return potential.
- With decades of experience in buying, managing and successfully selling commercial real estate in a variety of market conditions, the CPA team concentrates on identifying institutional quality investments with the potential to outperform the market while at the same time managing risk
- Over the years, CPA has developed strong relationships throughout the commercial real estate community and earned the trust of thousands of investors nationwide
- By acquiring low and moderate risk investment grade properties with high current cash flow, CPA’s proactive asset and property management can help increase net operating income (NOI) and add value throughout the investment process.
Everest Properties is a privately-held, diversified real estate investment firm.
Everest seeks to acquire and finance assets that Everest believes have a disproportionately high potential investment return compared to the investment risk.
Everest’s current portfolio of property is estimated to exceed $500,000,000 in value.
- Everest has invested funds in excess of $200,000,000 in more than 650 limited partnerships; providing liquidity for an otherwise illiquid asset class
- Everest specializes in reorganizing assets to provide stable cash flow, downside protection and an opportunity for a profitable exit
- We believe our analysis of market fundamentals combined with submarket knowledge, a meticulous due diligence process and our strong analytical and operational skills provide a strategic advantage which allows Everest to identify investments that are likely to outperform the market
PASSCO Companies, LLC
A nationally recognized real estate investment firm specializing in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily and commercial properties
$2.5 Billion Assets under Management, More than 5000 Investors
12,000 Multifamily Units, exceeding $4 Billion in Acquisitions
20 Years in Business, Present in 17 States
- Since 1998, Passco Companies, LLC has operated throughout all market conditions and cycles. The company has acquired over $4 billion in multifamily and commercial real estate in the United States
- Passco Companies is directed by a team of dedicated senior real estate professionals whose experience in the business averages 34 years, and who, collectively, have acquired over $30 billion in investment real estate projects
- Fastest Growing Private Companies in America, Inc. 5000 in 2017
- Nationally, Passco Companies has achieved the status of “Preferred Borrower” with Fannie Mae, and locally ranked #1 “Best Places to Work” for a medium sized company by the Orange County Business Journal in 2016
Southern California based real estate private equity firm
Our platform targets multifamily, mixed-use, business and healthcare properties to acquire, reposition and develop.
Acquired and/or developed 4,000 multifamily units and more than 3 million sq. ft. of office, industrial and retail properties in the last 15 years.
$500 million in real estate investments with annual rates of returns consistently over 20%.
- Our value-add platform is built on proven investment strategies, prudent underwriting and disciplined valuation. This allows us to move quickly and capitalize on operational inefficiencies and imbalances in the market. As a result, our properties consistently generate growing income and long-term appreciation
- Our team oriented strategy leverages our collective resources, relationships, and experiences to maximize the total return for every asset. Our integrated services platform is central to achieving this objective and provides our investors, partners and clients one source for all essential competencies
- Arrimus Capital invests in compelling real estate opportunities on behalf of private investors, institutions and select investment advisors. We tailor our investment strategies to meet the mandates of our investors and their specific investment programs.
- We favor well located assets priced below replacement cost in supply constrained markets and seek to capitalize on demographic trends and market timing.
Specializes in what the firm considers to be well-positioned student housing properties
Nelson Brothers manages over $750 million in real estate with more than 100 employees
The Sponsor programs raised approximately $250,000,000 from over 1,000 investors, purchasing roughly $635,000,000 in real property
Investors who participated in more than one Sponsor program were counted as an investor for each such program
- Founded in 2007, Nelson Brothers specializes in what the firm considers to be well-positioned student housing properties. It is Headquartered in Orange County, CA
- the Sponsor has been involved in 35 syndicated real estate programs. The Sponsor programs raised approximately $250,000,000 from over 1,000 investors, purchasing roughly $635,000,000 in real property, including four assisted-living and thirty-one university student-housing properties, including one ground-up student housing development project
AEI Capital Corporation
Founded in 1970, AEI brings decades of professional expertise to the management of its net lease property investment offerings.
Investors have subscribed more than $1.13 billion to AEI net lease property offerings.
AEI has sponsored 136 net leased real estate programs for more than 20,000 investors nationwide.
It is one of the first to start 1031 Exchange in United States of America.
- AEI began offering securitized interests for IRS 1031 tax-deferred exchanges in 1992 and was the first investment firm in America to obtain a favorable IRS private letter ruling with respect to its exchange structure
- For investors who wish to own entire properties, AEI offers a large portfolio of attractive net leased, income-producing, real estate from which to choose. Net leased properties are especially suitable for tax advantaged 1031 exchanges
- AEI investment properties are subject to long-term net leases (typically, 8 to 15 years) and are 100% occupied by creditworthy corporate tenants prior to purchase – one important reason why our business model allows us to avoid many of the vacancy risks common to more speculative real estate offerings
- We have been completing successful TIC/DST and 1031 exchanges since 1992 and are a pioneer in this business
- AEI believes that a debt-free approach to commercial property ownership provides an opportunity for consistent income combined with a high degree of capital protection.
Rockwell Debt-Free Properties
San Antonio is the second-largest city in the state of Texas and the seventh-largest city in the United States with a population of 1.3 million. It was the fastest growing of the top 10 largest cities in the United States from 2000-2010. The city is home to one of the largest military concentrations in the United States.
This property is considered a “zero-coupon” real estate ownership opportunity as there is an assumable, non-recourse loan already in place and, by design, “zero” cash flow will be produced. Instead, the lease payments go directly to repaying the loan. At the end of the initial lease term you own the property free and clear.
- The defense industry in San Antonio employs over 89,000 and provides a $5.25 billion impact to the city’s economy.
- San Antonio is also home to five Fortune 500 companies including Valero Energy Corp, Tesoro, Clear Channel Communications, USAA, and NuStar Energy.
ApexOne Investment Partners
ApexOne Investment Partners acquired Wimberly at Deerwood on Feb. 19th, 2013 and to date 15 units have been completely upgraded and leased. The upgraded units initially projected to achieve 6-8% rental increases have achieved 12.3% increases with effective rents increasing from $1.03 sq. ft. to $1.19 sq. ft. The lower loan costs that were achieved using floating rate debt with a 4.5% cap have resulted in >13% annualized investor returns, ahead of projections.
- ApexOne Investment Partners acquired Wimberly at Deerwood on Feb. 19th, 2013
- To date 15 units have been completely upgraded and leased.
- The upgraded units initially projected to achieve 6-8% rental increases have achieved 12.3% increases with effective rents increasing from $1.03 sq. ft. to $1.19 sq. ft.
- The lower loan costs that were achieved using floating rate debt with a 4.5% cap have resulted in >13% annualized investor returns, ahead of projections.
B&B Reality Investments, LLC
B&B Alexandria Corporate Park is a 271,730s.f. ($212/ft) office warehouse
located in Alexandria, VA just inside the Washington Beltway, I495 and
I395. The property sits on 16 acres within Fairfax County and is zoned I-4.
With 150,000 s.f. (55%) of office and 121,500 s.f. (45%) of warehouse,
the property has potential additional buildable square footage available of
approximately 50,000 s.f.
- 100% leased to 9 tenants including the Federal Government, defense contractor CACI, construction giant Hensel Phelps and an affiliate of publicly traded construction company Fluor Corporation.
- Unsurpassed location within minutes of 3 Interstates, the Pentagon, The U.S. Capitol and Reagan National Airport.
- Overall vacancy rate in this market, 4.4%, lowest in region.
- Federal Base Realignment (BRAC) – U.S. Army has added 6,400 jobs within 2 miles of site.
Under a Confidential Private Placement Memorandum and Addendum dated December 11, 2007 (the “Memorandum”), BIG Carriage Park, LLC and BIG Carriage Park Investors, LLC are offering investors tenancy-in-common interests in the property, and limited liability company units in an entity that will own a tenant-in-common interest in the property. The offerors and the property management company are owned by BGKIntegrated Group LLC. Since November 2006, BIG’s wholly-owned subsidiaries have conducted 10 offerings of tenancy in common and/or limited liability company interests involving over 1,348,791 square feet of office and light industrial properties in Alabama, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Ohio, Kansas, Florida and West Virginia for an aggregate price (including investor equity and assumed debt) in excess of $203,902,975. BGK owns, operates, and manages commercial real estate.
- Formed in 1991, BGK has acquired more than 300 properties nationwide, sponsored real estate projects involving over $800,000,000 of equity from more than 2,500 investors, and obtained over $2,500,000,000 in mortgage loans. BGK currently manages almost 18,000,000 square feet of space.
- The Property is presently owned by a real estate limited partnership managed by affiliates of BGK. The TIC offeror will acquire at least a 2% interest in the property, and the current owner or its affiliates will retain unsold interests.
Employment growth on a year-to-year basis in San Antonio continues to be above that for the U.S. as a whole, with gains spread across almost all sectors. Even the volatile manufacturing and construction industries, which have been in decline throughout much of the nation, are up year to year, and the overall unemployment rate of 4.2% has remained below that for the U.S., as a whole.
The Copperfield Apartments are located along Sir Winston Drive, just east of Blanco Road, in the suburban north central San Antonio submarket, approximately 8 miles north of the San Antonio central business district and approximately 1.5 miles northwest of the San Antonio International Airport. Land uses within the immediate vicinity of the property consist primarily of multi-family developments built in the 1980s and 1990s, and middle income single family residential developments.
- According to Marcus & Millichap’s First Quarter 2008 Apartment Research Market Update, employers, for the second straight year, are set to add approximately 16,000 jobs to the San Antonio metro, a 1.9% increase, one of the strongest growth rates in the nation.
- Major employers within or accessible from the subject neighborhood include H.E.B. Foods, North Central Baptist Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, the South Texas Medical Center, Kelly USA, Lackland Air Force Base, Fort Sam Houston, USAA, Sea World, and Fiesta Texas, along with major retailers, and the San Antonio International Airport.
Crowd Realty Advisors
CROWD REALTY ADVISORS principals collectively have a century of institutional and private real estate investment experience totaling $2 Billion in real estate transactions. Crowd Realty Advisors is the culmination of decades of combined investment experience established to capitalize on the rapidly occurring paradigm shift preferring urban, over suburban lifestyles for work, live and play.
1031 EXCHANGES This offering is designed for accredited investors seeking to participate in a proposed tax deferred exchange as well as accredited investors seeking a quality, multiple owner real estate investment on a cash basis.
- A DELAWARE STATUTORY TRUST, or DST is a separate legal entity formed as a trust under Delaware law, allowing a investor to use their beneficial interest in the DST as a replacement property in a 1031 Exchange.
- 1250 & 1400 South Michigan Avenue DST is a DST offering that can accommodate investors seeking replacement property options.
Hartman is offering to accredited investors the opportunity to purchase beneficial ownership interests in the Hartman Retail I, DST which was formed to acquire a 109,000 square foot retail building located in the Far North Retail Submarket of Houston, TX.
The Hartman Retail I, DST should qualify as a real property interest for purposes of completing a like-kind exchange of real property under IRC Section 1031.
- Floor & Decor Outlets of America (100% leased) Floor & Decor is a highly differentiated, rapidly growing specialty retailer of hard surface flooring and related accessories with 51 warehouse-format stores across 13 states, as of April 10, 2015.
- The property is situated at the intersection of I-45 and Overland Trail, and has a daily traffic count of 263,709 vehicles. Over 16,712 people live within 1 mile and 95,312 people live within 3 miles. The average vacancy rate for this submarket currently stands at 6.6%.
Cordevalle (the “Property”) is a 280-unit luxury garden-style community comprised of 12 two and three story residential buildings located in the north Austin area in the city of Round Rock, Texas. It is located approximately 25 miles northeast of Austin’s central business district. The Property includes one and two bedroom units and contains 286,483 net rentable square feet with an average of 789 square feet per unit. The property was completed in 2014.
- This is not an offer to sell securities. An offer to sell the Interests of the DST may be made only pursuant to the Memorandum. The information contained herein is qualified in its entirety by the Memorandum.
- All potential investors must read the Memorandum in its entirety before investing and no person may invest in the Interests without acknowledging receipt and complete review of the Memorandum.
- The Offering is being made by means of the Memorandum only to qualified investors who meet minimum accreditation requirements, as well as suitability standards as determined by a qualified broker-dealer.
THE OAKS AT LYNCHBURG, Lynchburg, VA, is an assisted living facility completed in 1991 with an addition in 1999 (the “Project”). The building contains 40 units and is licensed for 61 beds. The 21,887 square foot building is situated on a 4.27-acre site.
- The Project is a single story building consisting of exterior wood-frame walls, brick veneer, a double pane window system, and an asphalt composition roof.
- Common area amenities include a family style dining room with patio, library with fireplace, sun room, walking path, front porch, and distinctive furnishings that accent a rich decor.
- The Offering is being made by means of the Memorandum only to qualified investors who meet minimum accreditation requirements, as well as suitability standards as determined by a qualified broker-dealer.
The John Company bring over 25 years of institutional level experience. Along with experience comesinstitutional level relationships, research, due diligene, assest class, invaluable insight into management decisions, value added opportunities and years of commerceial real estate knowledge. The John Hicks Company provides institutional leadership with low cost fees creating tremendous value for investors.
- The John Company bring over 25 years of institutional level experience.
- Along with experience comes institutional level relationships, research, due diligence, assets class, invaluable insight into management decisions, value added opportunities and years of commercial real estate knowledge.
- The John Hicks Company provides institutional leadership with low cost fees creating tremendous value for investors.
Landmark Dividend LLC, (“Landmark” or “sponsor”) is offering to accredited investors the opportunity to invest in the land beneath the Great Valley Solar project through Delaware Statutory Trust (“DST”) interests in Landmark Dividend Solar Land 1 DST. The property is 100% leased, is located in Fresno County, California, will not have any leverage, and is currently owned by the Sponsor.
- Three adjacent parcels of land in Fresno County, CA totaling approximately 1,634 acres (currently owned by the sponsor), used for four solar farms .
- Tenants recently executed a 25 year lease with 2-5 year extensions
- Leases increases 1% per year for the first 20 years and 2% thereafter
The Heights at Battle Creek (the “Property”) is a newly built, Class A apartment community consisting of 276 apartment units in twenty-three, three-story buildings containing a total of 237,516 rentable square feet.
- Beautifully landscaped and maintained, the Property provides residents with secured gate access and the option of either a detached single-car garage or carport.
- Residents also enjoy access to the Property’s luxurious clubhouse, resort-style pool, state-of-the-art business center, and fitness room with aerobic and weight machines. r
Principle Equity Management (PEM)
Principle Equity Management (PEM) is offering accredited investors the opportunity to purchase LLC interests in 121 Airport Centre I & II. The asset includes two Class A two story multi-tenant office buildings totaling 251,168 net square feet, located on 18.35 acres in Bedford, Texas a suburb of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. This offering provides an opportunity for investors to acquire an institutional quality asset leased entirely by five national credit tenants. 121 Airport Centre is currently 90% leased.
- Internationally recognized tenants: Citi Financial (a member of Citigroup); State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company; Warranted; Lanier Worldwide (a subsidiary of Ricoh Company)
- Long term tenancy, 80% of the complex is leased through 2010. Only 6,797 sf (2.7%) of tenant rollover prior to 9/09.
- Buildings were recently constructed in 2000 and 2001.
Rainier Exchange Portfolio I, DST (the “Trust”) has been formed to acquire four recently constructed retail properties subject to existing long-term leases with CVS and existing long-term mortgage fi nancing with Wells Fargo Bank. Investors seeking replacement property for a 1031 exchange can acquire benefi cial interests in the Trust and receive tax deferral and the benefi ts of property ownership. The purchase price for each 1% interest in the Trust is $27,000 of cash and the assumption of $197,000 of debt, thereby providing signifi cant 1031 debt replacement for a relatively low cash investment.
- Designed particularly for those investors seeking basis replacement on relinquished property that was sold at a loss or is pending foreclosure, the Trust provides an alternative to paying taxes on a discontinued 1031 exchange without the substantial equity required for most new property investments.
The REVA team delivers solid performance over the life of your investment. Execution matters, details matter and with REVA Raleigh Colonnade, we are focused on a buisness plan that delivers exceptional tenant service, a zero hassle occupancy and complete satisfaction to assure the highest asset value and ongoing cash flow to investors. Superior outcomes, solid returns and personal service are all part of what REVA delivers every day.
- The Company is newly formed for this transaction and has no operating history.
- While the Sponsor has completed seven syndication utilizing the TIC structure, this is only their fourth investment syndication utilizing the DST structure.
- The subject property is a Class A once building that is 100% leased to a single tenant, Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and the performance of the investment is dependent upon that lease.
Jones Lang Lasalle
Neither Jones Lang LaSalle, nor any of its partners, directors, officers, employees and agents (“Agents”), make any representations or warranties, whether express or implied, by operation of law or otherwise, with respect to this Offering Memorandum or the Property or any materials, statements (including financial statements and projections) or information contained herein or relating thereto, or as to the accuracy or completeness of such materials, statements or information, or as to the condition, quality or fitness of the Property, or assumes any responsibility with respect thereto. Such materials, statements and information have in many circumstances been obtained from outside sources, and have not been tested or verified. Projections, in particular, are based on various assumptions and subjective determinations as to which no guaranty or assurance can be give.
- Neither Jones Lang LaSalle, nor any of its partners, directors, officers, employees and agents (“Agents”), make any representations or warranties, whether express or implied, by operation of law
- Otherwise, with respect to this Offering Memorandum or the Property or any materials, statements (including financial statements and projections) or information contained herein or relating thereto, or as to the accuracy or completeness of such materials, statements
Strategic 1031 Properties
Reno Student Housing, DST, a newly formed Delaware statutory trust (the “Trust”) and an affiliate of SmartStop Asset Management (“SAM”), is offering (the “Offering”) to sell to certain qualified, accredited Investors (the “Investors”) pursuant to this Confidential Private Placement Memorandum (the “Memorandum”) up to $42,900,000 of beneficial interests (the “Interest”) in the Trust.
- The Trust will acquire a newly constructed, 99% leased, Class “A”, purpose-built student housing property located at 2780 Enterprise Road, Reno, Nevada 89512 commonly known as The Summit (“The Summit”).
- The Summit is a seven building LEED Certified Silver, 186 Unit /709 bed student housing community on 8.95 acres located one block from the University of Nevada, Reno (“UNR”) campus.
This summary is for informational purposes only and is not intended as an offer or solicitation. An investment in the property described in this summary may only be made pursuant to the terms of a Private Placement Memorandum to be issued by an affiliate of Syndicated Equities Group, LLC (the “Sponsor”).
- Investments in securities involve risks and prospective investors should carefully review the Private Placement Memorandum. All information and disclosures in the Private Placement Memorandum shall supersede information in this summary and any other information, written or oral, that has been provided with respect to this investment.
- This material is not intended to address the particular circumstances or needs of any specific person or entity.
Selina Plaza is strategically located in the northeast section of Jacksonville, Florida at the Alta Drive exit off State Highway 9- A on the northwest corner of Faye Road. This section of Jacksonville is rapidly growing with substantial growth projected over the next 5-10 years. In addition to these dynamics, Expansion Magazine has ranked Jacksonville as the #1 “Hottest City” in America for business relocation or expansion. Jacksonville, ranked in the top 10 every year of the survey, was ranked first in 1999, 2002 and 2003.
- Selina Plaza capitalizes on the tremendous quantity of homes recently built, under construction, and planned in the area. Furthermore, North Point Industrial Park, which will feature over 3 million sq. ft. of hi-tech flex office and industrial buildings upon completion, steadily increases demand for retail support in the immediate vicinity.
- The addition of Dunn’s Creek Crossing, a 100,000+ sq. ft. retail and office neighborhood center, located on the northeast corner of Alta Drive and Faye Road further substantiates the demand for retail properties in the area.
The Marquis at Mount Zion Apartments offer a very functional location, excellent curb appeal, and a competitive amenity package while maintaining seclusion and privacy. This market-leading asset is located just one mile from Interstate 75 and the one million square foot Southlake Mall. It is an area with consistent population growth at the epicenter of major retail and employment districts.
- Located approximately one mile from the interchange of I-75 (156,640 vehicles/day) and Jonesboro Road (34,130 vehicles/day). The property fronts Southlake Parkway (26,760 vehicles/day).
- Class “A” Property on 33.24 Acres; density of 7.8 units/acre
- Built in 2000
- 260 Units
Investing in DST Interests involves a high degree of risk. Before investing you should review the entire Private Placement Memorandum including the section titled ‘Risk Factors.’ Dated: May 14, 2015.
The purchase of an Interest involves a number of risks. Do not acquire an Interest if you cannot afford to lose your entire investment. Carefully consider the risks described below as well as all those discussed in the Private Placement Memorandum (“PPM”) section titled “Risk Factors”. Consult with your legal, tax and financial advisors about an investment in an Interest.
- BENEFICIAL OWNERS POSSESS LIMITED CONTROL AND RIGHTS | The Trust will be operated and managed solely by its Trustee and Manager. Purchasers as Beneficial Owners will have no right to participate in any aspect of the operation or management of the Trust.
- BENEFICIAL OWNERS DO NOT HAVE LEGAL TITLE | The Beneficial Owners will not have legal title to the Property. The Beneficial Owners will not have any right to seek an in-kind distribution of the Property or divide or partition the Property. The Beneficial Owners do not have the right to sell or cause the sale of the Property.
The Sam Houston State Portfolio consists of two properties located at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, TX. Montgomery Village is a 48 unit, 192 bed, luxury student housing complex built in 2007 and located approximately ¼ mile south of campus. The Village at Sam Houston is a 48 unit, 192 bed, luxury student housing complex built in 2004 and located approximately ½ mile east of campus. For the 2007-2008 academic year, Montgomery Village is 97.4% leased and The Village at Sam Houston is 92.30% leased.
- The Sam Houston State Portfolio consists of two properties located at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, TX.
- Montgomery Village is a 48 unit, 192 bed, luxury student housing complex built in 2007 and located approximately ¼ mile south of campus. The Village at Sam Houston is a 48 unit, 192 bed, luxury student housing complex built in 2004 and located approximately ½ mile east of campus.
Moody National Companies
Founded in Texas, in 1998 to sponsor public and private real estate programs
A $2 billion full-service real estate firm with over 800 employees and 6 divisions
Sponsored 47 privately offered prior real estate programs, raising approximately $437.7 million from more than 1,358 investors
43 of the Moody Programs were TIC programs, 3 were DSTs, and 1 was a private fund
- An industry leader for over two decades, Moody National has the experience, expertise and resources necessary to complete frequently complex 1031 exchange transactions
- Moody National Exchange was created by a company of commercial real estate professionals in order to provide a service for its industry clients, with the goal of keeping costs low and the process simple
- As a division of Moody National Companies, a $2 billion full-service real estate firm with over 800 employees and 6 divisions, we are structured to handle the unique challenges of the 1031 exchange market
- Moody National Mortgage Corporation has completed over 150 transactions providing its customers with over $1 billion of debt, equity and structured financings
Having been exclusively in the apartment investment business since 1976, RK Properties finds itself without many peers
Since 1976, RK has sponsored over 100 investment programs valued in excess of $450 million.
It currently has 4,197 units under management in 27 different properties owned by entities sponsored by the Sponsor and its Affiliates
More than 65 of the programs have gone full cycle.
- We believe real economic profit and preservation of capital are the primary reasons for investing in real estate. This has been our philosophy since our founding and will continue to be our principal investment objective
- It is our philosophy to institute a conservative business plan in the structuring of our properties. That is why we use modest leverage of 50-60% and coupled with minimum debt coverage ratios (DCR) of no less than 150%. This enables us to meet the specific priorities of our investors which are; 1) Preservation of Capital 2) Income 3) Appreciation
- RK has also been providing an alternative approach to direct ownership in real estate through the Tenant-in-Common (TIC) structure. As real estate investors reach pre or post-retirement, there is a need for a unique structure to relieve the real estate owner of the day-to-day intensive management in order to continue with their career, business, or enjoy retirement
- The returns demonstrate consistent management performance – a matter of pride for the company. RK is proud that a majority of investors have multiple investments with us and reinvest in our program when properties are sold
Black Creek Exchange
During our 25-year history, Black Creek has sponsored 18 full scale investment platforms
Owned and operated more than 1,300 office, industrial, retail & multifamily properties across North America
Developed more than $3B of properties across North America
#1 buyer of industrial real estate in 2012 – #3 from 2011-2016
Developed or acquired more than 120 retail properties
- We have hands-on real estate experience across multiple property types – office, retail, industrial and multi-family – and our senior investment team members have expertise across all facets of the real estate business
- First and foremost, we are stewards of our investors’ capital. With that great responsibility in mind, we apply a rigorous research and due diligence framework to every investment we consider and execute
- We own properties in dozens of key markets which we access from our nine offices in the U.S. and Mexico. Our strategically located offices put us close to our investments, facilitates developing strong relationships with local real estate partners and informs our market intelligence
- Black Creek’s success is evident in the portfolio of impressive properties we’ve built from the ground up, the strong relationships we’ve forged with real estate professionals and investors around the world, and the returns we’ve delivered to our investors
Avistone is a commercial real estate investment firm specializing in the acquisition and operation of multi-tenant industrial and business parks nationwide
The executive management team of Avistone has completed more than $4 billion in real estate equity investments and debt placements
The team has more than 100 years of combined experience
Avistone has delivered an average cash distribution yield to its investors of more than 8%.
- Since its founding in 2013, Avistone has grown its portfolio to include 18 industrial business parks with over 2 million square feet of space in California, Georgia, Ohio, Texas and Florida
- Properties are acquired at approximately 65% of their replacement cost thus reducing the possibility that new construction could compete favorably for tenants
- Avistone seeks to enhance capital appreciation by acquiring properties in dynamic and growing markets, improving properties to top-notch condition, increasing property occupancy and yearly operating income, amortizing debt and positioning the property for potential cap rate compression upon sale
- Avistone has a current average distribution yield of 7% to its 1031 exchange investors
- Avistone is focused on preservation of capital. Risk is mitigated by acquiring stabilized properties at a purchase price that is substantially below the property’s replacement cost.
KB Exchange Trust
KB Exchange Trust provides real estate investors with a simplified 1031-exchange solution through DST ownership interests.
Structured over 19 separate co-ownership offerings, valued at approximately $200 million.
The principals of the company have been involved with more than $2 billion in 1031 exchange offerings, and over $8 billion in other REIT and fund acquisitions
- Kingsbarn Realty Capital is a real estate private equity firm focused on providing structured
real estate investments to high-net-worth individuals, family trusts, foundations, and institutional investors
- The company offers a series of 1031 co-ownership programs structured as Delaware Statutory Trust (DST), as well as customized Managed-Direct Ownership(MDO) solutions for individual buyers and partnerships
- Kingsbarn’s management team has extensive experience developing, managing, and sponsoring a diverse array of stabilized core properties and income-driven investment funds
- The company offers competitive, risk-adjusted returns to investors through its diversified investment programs
Livingston Street Capital
A fully integrated boutique real estate-focused investment firm led by a highly experienced team of professionals
Collectively our leadership team has led more than $20 billion of commercial real estate transactions
$700M of assets accumulated on behalf of institutional and high net worth investors
Bring more than 75 years of experience to each investment.
- Our management team comprises a group of executives from diverse backgrounds with significant real estate investment, corporate finance and financial services experience
- Throughout their career, our team has completed more than $20 billion in real estate transactions, including acquisitions, development, repositioning, leasing, capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs and portfolio recapitalizations.
- Strong operating partner relationships, Joint Ventures Preferred & Active Developer Programs
- Livingston’s investment strategy can best be described as focusing on the “needs” of individuals and corporations versus the “wants.” As a result, they focus on investment themes that they believe are less geared towards discretionary expenditures and are more closely aligned to what is essential to the user.
Net Lease Capital Advisors
A leading boutique provider of commercial real estate structuring and advisory services
$9 billion in transactions closed in single tenant net lease properties since 1996.
The majority of our team has been with the firm for over 10 years
Provides a broad range of commercial real estate acquisition, brokerage and related services
- The firm acquires existing properties and also provides debt and construction equity for properties being developed, with a firm takeout upon completion
- We offer real estate and financing helpful for 1031 exchange tax deferrals & Partnership disolutions and restructurings
- Combining financial analysis, advantageous debt, and the highest quality assets to help our clients and their advisors realize their financial and tax planning goals
Essex Realty Investments, LLC
Essex was formed to create and market innovative replacement property solutions for investors seeking like kind exchange properties
It structured the $95 million acquisition and disposition of the Sun Microsystems Headquarters in San Jose, CA
It structured the approximately $80 million disposition of a midwestern BNSF Intermodal Railway Facility
It structured the approximately $40 million disposition of the medical office building leased to Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- Its DST product provides 1031 investors a non-recourse transaction structure with reliable monthly cash flow derived from professionally managed institutional quality real estate
- Essex DST products simplify the identification and closing process for executing a 1031 exchange
- Essex principals have structured over $1.5B of 1031 transactions
- Through this experience, they have developd some of the most innovatiove Net Lease & Capital Arrangements to support Net Lease Investments in the industry